1. There are HUGE tax advantages! Are you filing your taxes soon? Well if you had a home based business you'd get to keep even MORE of your money. All the things we use at home like computers, paper, pens, ink, phone bills, even driving your CAR and portions of your home operating expenses can be deducted (but check with your tax advisor for specifics).
2. Meetings are a thing of the past! You are not required to attend department meetings, or have to travel for meetings - hey most times you can be in your pajamas on a conference call! Now how cool is that? You get to determine your own goals, actions and agenda - not following the directions of some B-O-S-S!
3. Every day is casual friday! This is my favorite one of all!!! No more expensive business clothes, dry cleaning costs, fighting with high heels in bad weather..... When you work from home, no one sees you and you can dress in your most comfortable clothes and be MORE PRODUCTIVE without feeling uncomfortable. Not to mention all the money you can save in that one area alone!
4. We are more effective WITHOUT a cubicle. When you are comfortable in your own environment, you will perform better. My office overlooks my pool and back deck outside. I can play my music if I want to, or open the windows if I want to - I can even sit out by my pool if I want to! And guess what else? I can take as many coffee breaks (or walks) as I want to! Now tell me where you can do that in an office?
5. Making a "living" is NOT the same as "making a life". If YOU are in control of setting your own schedule, your own goals, and enjoying as much QUALITY time with your children and your spouses or family - that's LIVING LIFE.
6. You are responsible for your income. Listen, if you work for yourself, you determine how much money you make or don't make. When you work for the B-O-S-S, he/she determines your income based on your performance not to mention - all that money you are making is for other people! I don't know about you, but I don't want someone else to decide what I am worth earning. That is up to ME!
7. What's eating up your current paycheck? How about gas for commuting, money for daycare expenses, lunches out on the go...should I keep going? If you subtract all your out of pocket expenses AFTER they take your taxes, what is really left of your paycheck? How much are you really earning after all the "extra" after your 9-5?
Now perhaps you have some more information to help you decide if you want to stay on the 4 year plan or the 40 year plan. 40 years of 9-5 for someone else, or 4 years of working hard for yourself to build your income and have a LIFE again! I know what I chose and it's the best decision I EVER made.
Get Inspired
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment